On February 15, 2022, (14:00 to 17:00 GMT+3), a round table «The Role of Sustainable Waste Management in Building a Low-Carbon, Closed-Cycle Economy» will be held in the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry (46-48 Tchaikovsky Street). The event is held within the project «Clean Green City by Smart Waste Management» (KS11173, Cool4City, South-East Finland – Russia Cross-Border Cooperation
Programme 2014 – 2020).
European and Russian experts in the field of ecology, ESG, solid waste management and carbon neutrality will discuss the key issues.
The speakers are representatives of the Higher School of Economics, the Institute of Natural Resources of Finland, the St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce and Industry, St. Petersburg State University, Geyser Batteries, Green Net Finland ry, etc.
The following key issues will be discussed at the round table:
- Methodological support for assessing of the carbon efficiency of goods and services throughout the lifecycle – from raw materials extraction to waste recycling;
- Assessment of energy efficiency and carbon footprint of different waste management types;
- Carbon sale and carbon credit generation projects;
- Prioritising of waste return into the resource cycle and reducing the carbon footprint when choosing a waste management method;
- Ways to engage the public, scientific and technical expert community in building
a low-carbon, closed-cycle economy.
As a result of the discussion, the official signing of the St. Petersburg Carbon Declaration of intention to create a high-tech scientific and experimental innovative platform of international importance the Baltic Carbon Research Center, that means building a community of scientific and technical top experts who could provide solutions to applied problems on carbon topics in our (BSR) region.
The preliminary programme is available at the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yc4AmIDl-l2wf7ZNDWoYKQKwkBvb-Op2/view?usp=sharing
Registration for the event is available via this link https://forms.gle/hUDgR2MVJrGwJ95EA